* 2 (8 or 9 inch) white cake layers, baked and cooled
* 2 pints fresh strawberries
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1 pint fresh blueberries
* 2 bananas
* 1/4 cup orange juice
* 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
* 2 cups milk
* 1 cup heavy whipping cream
* 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
* 12 maraschino cherries
1. Slice strawberries and sprinkle them with sugar. Cut the bananas into slices and toss with orange juice. Combine pudding mix with milk and mix until smooth. Cut the cake into 1 inch cubes.
2. Use half of the cake cubes to line the bottom of a large glass bowl. Layer half of the strawberries followed by half of the blueberries, and then half of the bananas. Spread half of the pudding over the fruit. Repeat layers in the same order.
3. In a medium bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks and spread over top of trifle. Garnish with maraschino cherries and slivered almonds.